Centra Care docs say definitely, YES. Three different types of headaches can be allergy-related: sinus headaches (the kind you feel in your face), migraines and cluster headaches.
If allergies have been ruled out, here are some other possible reasons your head may be pounding:
Posture – holding your head in one position for a long time, like at a computer, microscope, or typewriter
Alcohol – it doesn’t take a lot to set off a headache for those who are migraine-prone. Many chemicals in alcohol including sulfites, tyramine and more can quickly cause you pain. Alcohol can also cause dehydration, which can also lead to a headache.
Colds – sinus pain and pressure can lead to an aching head
Sleep – changes in sleep patterns, whether you’re sleeping in, or staying up late, are known to cause migraines for some. It’s important to remain on a set sleep schedule.
Stress – finances, relationships, work — whatever your stressor may be, it can quickly bring on a tension headache.
Avoiding the trigger can prevent the headaches. You may find relief with over-the-counter medications, such as aspirin, ibuprofen, and acetaminophen, as well as lifestyle changes including relaxation and exercise. For migraine sufferers, prescription medicine may be prescribed.
When to See a Doctor:
◦ Your headaches wake you from sleep
◦ A headache lasts more than a few days
◦ Headaches are worse in the morning
◦ You have a history of headaches but they have changed in pattern or intensity
◦ You have headaches frequently, and there is no known cause
◦ You would describe your headache as “your worst ever” even if you are prone to headaches