ENT infections (ear, nose, and throat) can be tricky and difficult to deal with as they usually can prove to be a doorway to a few more serious illnesses. Even on their own, these infections can prove to be tough on individuals especially if they are not taken care of quickly. All three infections have their own set of diseases attached but their most common irritation can be due to allergies – something we should all be aware of as we near the Spring months. How you go about in countering these infections varies, but here are a set of tips general enough to allow you to deal with them and even prevent them.
- Keep the nose moist with saline sprays
- Avoid exposure to smoke, especially cigarette smoke
- Avoid swimming in pools with high chlorine content
- Get allergy evaluations
- Fumes can also act as irritants, so take care when using perfumes
- Watch your diet and maintain a healthy body weight
- Cut alcohol out of your diet
- Quit smoking, which also benefits the rest f your body
Sleep Apnea is a condition in which a person stops breathing for brief periods of time during sleep. It helps to tackle this problem by cutting out things that affect the lungs such as smoking and alcohol (Source).
- Avoid exposure to chilly winds
- Keep immunizations up to date
- Maintain a proper hand hygiene
In many cases ENT infections can also be prevented by regular checkups to your nearby walk-in center which can also administer the proper allergy evaluation mentioned above. The proper way to go about dealing with an ENT infection is to ensure medical aid which is what a care center can appropriately provide. Changes in weather are also a factor in this, which makes advice from a proper medical consultant all the more important.